A Work Experience Programme At Japanese Companies for JET Participants Looking to Advance Their Career
To increase opportunities for internationally-minded JET Programme participants who are interested in continuing to work in Japan after JET to meet companies/organisations looking for global human resources in the Kansai/Kanto areas, CLAIR implements the JET Internship Programme. In addition, in 2017, CLAIR will be partnering with the Tokyo Metropolitan Government to increase the number of internship opportunities available to JET participants at small to mid-size businesses in Tokyo.
Benefits for JET Participants:
It is our hope that JET Programme participants can utilise these work experiences to attain a better understanding of the kinds of global personnel Japanese companies and organisations are seeking and reexamine their professional aspirations for the benefit of their own job-searching activities after finishing the JET Programme.
Benefits for Companies:
JET Programme participants are talented individuals who possess excellent multilingual and intercultural communication skills and understand the structure and culture of Japanese work environments. If you are a company with offices located in Japan, please consider hosting an intern as part of your company’s efforts to internationalise its business or explore areas where global personnel can excel within your company.
Participants can choose to participate in one of the following five internship periods.
Each internship period is five weekdays.
|Host: CLAIR||Host: Tokyo Metropolitan Government|
|1. Monday, 31 July – Friday, 4 August 2017||1. Monday, 21 August – Friday, 25 August 2017|
|2. Monday, 4 September- Friday, 8 September 2017||2. Monday, 28 August – Friday, 1 September 2017|
|3. Monday, 11 September – Friday, 15 September 2017|
Tentative number of Participants:
45 (Total number from all internship periods)
- Applicants must be current JET Programme participants who are accepting reappointment for the 2017/2018 JET year and will be in their 3rd to 5th year as of August 2017.
- Applicants must have a strong interest in working in Japan after the JET Programme.
- Applicants must show proof of possessing the advanced level of Japanese（JLPT Level N2 or above) necessary to participate in the internship.
- Applicants must receive permission from their contracting organisations to participate in the internship.
For more details about the internship, please refer to the PDF file below.
Application Deadline: Friday, 26 May, 2017
- Interested companies must have an interest in hosting an intern for the specified period.
- Interested companies must be able to host an intern at a location in the Kansai or Kanto area.
- Interested companies must be companies that primarily use Japanese for in-office communication.
For more details about the CLAIR hosted internship and how to apply, please refer to the PDF file below.
Details regarding the internship programme hosted by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government will be provided at a later date.