- What is the goal of the JET Furusato Vision Project?
- In doing this project, CLAIR and the local governments which employ JET participants hope to further expand the potential of the JET Programme by exploring opportunities to use JET alumni in globalisation and local revitalisation activities, while also publicizing the successes of the Programme widely both in Japan and abroad.
- What is expected of JET Furusato Vision Project participants?
- Participants are expected to propose an original project which utilizes the skills they acquired after leaving the JET Programme and work passionately both before coming to Japan, during the project period, and after so that the project contributes to the revitalisation of the region where they were placed on JET.
- I am still a current JET Programme participant. Can I still apply?
- This project is targeted at former JET Participants; current JET participants cannot apply. Current JET participants who are scheduled to be JET alumni by the time of the project term are also ineligible to apply.
- My former contracting organisation is in Western Japan, but I could not participate in 2017 when alumni from Western Japan were eligible. Can I apply in 2018 instead?
No. Only JET alumni with former contracting organisations in Eastern Japan (e.g. Hokkaido) can apply in 2018. Please refer to the list of prefectures below to check whether your former host prefecture is in Western or Eastern Japan.
Western Japan (Kansai, Chugoku, Shikoku, Kyushu, Okinawa); eligible in 2017:
Kansai Region: Mie, Shiga, Kyoto, Osaka, Hyogo, Nara, Wakayama
Chugoku Region: Tottori, Shimane, Okayama, Hiroshima, Yamaguchi
Shikoku Region: Tokushima, Kagawa, Ehime, Kochi
Kyushu/Okinawa Region: Fukuoka, Saga, Nagasaki, Kumamoto, Oita, Miyazaki, Kagoshima, Okinawa
Eastern Japan (Hokkaido, Tohoku, Kanto, Chubu); eligible in 2018:
Hokkaido Region： Hokkaido
Tohoku Region： Aomori, Iwate, Miyagi, Akita, Yamagata, Fukushima
Kanto Region：Ibaraki, Tochigi, Gunma, Saitama, Chiba, Tokyo, Kanagawa
Chubu Region： Niigata, Toyama, Ishikawa, Fukui, Yamanashi, Nagano, Gifu, Shizuoka, Aichi
CLAIR is still investigating whether or not to continue the project beyond 2019.
- I am a former JET participant, but I do not belong to any JET Alumni Association (JETAA) and I have not participated in any JET Programme or CLAIR related events in quite some time. Will I be at a disadvantage when applying?
- No, you will not be at a disadvantage. As specified in the application guidelines, applications are evaluated based on the content of the plan, level of involvement with the community, effectiveness of project, etc.
- Is it possible to participate for a period that is not either the specified Term A or Term B? Can I apply if I can only participate for a portion of the scheduled terms?
No. Only JET alumni who can participate for the entirety of either the specified Term A or Term B may apply (Term A: Thursday, 25 October, 2018 – Tuesday, 30 October, 2018; Term B: Monday, 5 November, 2018 – Saturday, 10 November, 2018). We ask that you refrain from applying if you cannot participate for the entirety of either one of these terms.
- What kind of report are participants required to submit after completion of the project?
- Participants are required to submit a report within two months after completing the project which details the content of their JET Furusato Vision Project, any issues or points of improvement they came across during the project, any ideas they have for future projects, and their overall impressions of the JET Furusato Vision Project. Details regarding the report will be provided to participants after the screening process has ended.
- Can I apply by e-mail?
- This year, we ask that participants apply using an online form. First, please download and complete Forms 1 and 2 from the JET Furusato Vision Project website. Next, please fill out the form at the following URL, and when instructed, upload your completed Forms 1 and 2. If you have any questions about the application process, please enquire with firstname.lastname@example.org. URL: https://jp.surveymonkey.com/r/fvp2018
- Can I submit my application materials even though the application period has passed?
- No. Applications will not be accepted once the application period has ended.
- Can I make enquiries about the application process and application forms to CLAIR’s overseas offices?
- No. Please direct any enquiries you have about application to the project to CLAIR headquarters at email@example.com
- Can I make a decision or change about the term of participation later?
- We ask that applicants indicate one preferred term of participation at the time of application. Changes to the indicated term of participation will not be accepted after the application period has ended.
- When should I apply for the 2019 JET Furusato Vision Project?
- The JET Furusato Vision Project will not be implemented in 2019. Investigations about whether the project will continue after 2019 are still underway.
- Is it possible to stay in Japan before or after the project term?
- Yes, it is possible to stay in Japan before or after the project term, but you must pay for all expenses including transportation and accommodation fees incurred outside of the project term.